Maserati.ca Privacy Statement
Maserati Canada, Inc. (“Maserati”, “we”, “us” or “our”) considers your privacy to be of utmost importance and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of your personal information seriously. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information in connection with the Maserati.ca website (the “Website”) and Maserati’s operations in Canada.
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation.
1. Types of Personal Information Collected
Information You Provide Us
In general, you can browse the Website without providing personal information. However, in order to use certain features of the Website (e.g. save a car configuration, discover extra content, or receive updates), you will need to register, which requires that you provide us with personal information. Personal information that we may collect includes:
- your name and title;
- your contact information, including email address, mailing address and telephone number;
- your user name, password and profile image;
- the car you own;
- your language preference;
- your preferences with respect to the information, goods or services you would like to receive; and
- such other information as we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
If you register through the Website as a member of the press, the personal information that we may collect directly from you also includes your mother tongue, gender and information about the publication or organization you work for.
If you purchase or lease a vehicle from a dealership, Maserati may receive certain personal information from the dealership, including your name and contact information, including email address, mailing address and telephone number, and other information about the vehicle you purchased or leased.
If you applied for or received low rate financing (known as subvented financing) from a financial institution offered in conjunction with Maserati, Maserati will receive the information in your credit application and other information associated with the financing which Maserati will use for the purpose of managing and administering the financing program.
Website Usage and Other Online Information
2. Use of Personal Information
Maserati may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information or services that you have requested (for example, to provide a quote, to contact you to book a test drive, or to manage and administer our programs including any financing or subvention program) or otherwise respond to your requests or inquiries;
- to contact you with offers and information regarding products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to conduct market research surveys;
- to optimize the content of our Website in order to improve our online service for you and to provide relevant products and services;
- to understand your preferences and customize the advertising and content that we send you and that you see on the Website;
- to manage and administer our business and meet business, legal, regulatory, insurance and other processing requirements; and
- otherwise, with consent or as permitted or required by law.
If you register as a member of the press, Maserati may also use the personal information collected to provide you with access to updated press kits, news releases and high-resolution pictures for editorial use.
3. Transfer and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Maserati shares personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Dealers. If you indicate that you would like to book a test drive or receive a quote, your contact information will be shared with the Maserati dealer that is geographically located closest to you so that the dealer may contact you to arrange a test drive or provide a quote.
- Financial Institutions. If you apply for or receive financing in relation to the purchase or lease of a Maserati vehicle in connection with any financing or subvention program offered in conjunction with Maserati, personal information regarding that financing will be shared with the applicable institution.
- Parent and Affiliated Companies. If you consent, we will share your contact information with our parent and affiliated companies in order for them to provide you with information and offers about Maserati products and services.
- Service Providers Maserati may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers (including affiliates of Maserati acting in this capacity) that perform services on our behalf, for example website hosting and analytics, email deployment, contact management, marketing and advertising services, mailing fulfillment house services or otherwise for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Some of these service providers or affiliates may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States, and your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed in these jurisdictions for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. While in another jurisdiction, your personal information will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction, for example lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries.
- Business Transactions Personal information may be used by Maserati and disclosed to parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Maserati or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction.
- Legal, Regulatory, etc. Maserati may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements.
- Other Maserati may otherwise disclose your personal information with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
4. Links to Other Websites
Links to the websites of third parties, including other websites operated by Maserati or its affiliates, dealers or related parties are not covered by this Privacy Statement and such websites or the parties operating them may collect, use and disclose personal information in ways that are different than described here. You should review the privacy policies and practices of any third party before providing personal information.
5. Children’s Privacy
The content of the Website is targeted only to adults. Maserati does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorized employees, agents, service providers and mandataries of Maserati who require access to your personal information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
7. Access, Correction and Contacting Us
Maserati may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, which will be stored on and accessed through Maserati’s or its service providers’ servers and databases.
If you wish to request access or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may contact us using the following contact information:
Maserati Canada, Inc.
6500 Mississauga Road North
Mississauga, ON L5N 1A8
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us using the contact information above.
8. Privacy Statement Changes
This Privacy Statement may be revised from time to time. If we intend to use or disclose personal information for purposes materially different than those described in this statement, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals, if necessary, including by revising this Privacy Statement. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should contact us as described above and by checking the Website periodically to obtain the most current copy of this Privacy Statement. Your continued provision of personal information or use of our products or services following any changes to this Privacy Statement constitutes your acceptance of any such changes. This Privacy Statement is effective as of June 26, 2014.