Traffic Sign Recognition
The Traffic Sign Recognition system (TSR) comes in handy when you happen to miss a traffic sign while driving. It recognizes and keeps track of the signs you just passed.
TSR monitors the traffic signs using both a forward-facing digital camera placed behind the rear-view mirror and the navigation system data.
Three types of signs can be detected:
1. speed limit signs
2. temporary speed limit signs
3. overtaking restriction areas
The system will inform you of the current traffic signs by displaying all information and the related icons in the upper area of the instrument cluster.
The navigation system
TSR uses data from the navigation system to provide information even when the camera is not able to detect the traffic signs present on the road. Some examples of these cases are:
- low visibility: insufficient road lighting, heavy rain, snow, thick fog
- light reflection: excessive glare from direct sunlight or reflections from oncoming traffic
- damaged traffic signs: scraped signs, faded or discolored signs, broken signs
- rotated or fallen poles: especially when near construction areas
Keep in mind
- You must always be aware of all traffic signs, especially when there is poor visibility due to insufficient road, lighting, heavy rain, snow or thick fog.
- The display mode on the instrument cluster and the warning sensitivity are fully configurable.
- The system can be set to display the traffic signs when your speed is equal to the speed limit allowed, or when it exceeds it by 5 or 10 km/h (5 or 10 mph).
- TSR is intended to be used only by licensed and alert users and under the conditions specified in a vehicle’s Owner’s Manual.
- You are responsible for complying with and following all traffic laws.
- Read and understand a vehicle’s Owner’s Manual thoroughly before using TSR.
- It is your responsibility to stay alert, drive safely, and be in control of the vehicle at all times.
- Always be prepared to take corrective action at all times.
- Failure to follow these instructions and warnings can result in serious injury or death.
Discover the models which are equipped with this feature
You're Not Like Everyone Else
An Icon of Italian Elegance
© 2020 Maserati Canada, Inc. All rights reserved. Maserati and the Trident logo are registered trademarks of Maserati SpA.
Some images may show European models.